The Unread Articles extension gives logged-in users the option to see if they have read an article on your Joomla website or not.
Unread Articles extension shows logged-in users if they have read an article on your Joomla website or not yet. You can choose one or more categories where the ‘Read’ or ‘Unread’ labels are shown. For websites that already contain hundreds or thousands articles (e.g. News, Blogs or Reviews) you can mark all ‘older articles’ as Read by setting a date at the “Show as read before this date:" field.
Choose ‘Easy Mode' to implement this extension quick and easy or select ‘Expert Mode’ to customized the ‘Read’ or ‘Unread’ labels with your own CSS.
These features are included in the Unread Articles version:
- Visual indication to see if an article is read, or
- Visual indication to see if an article is unread
- Mark all articles before a specific publish date to read or unread
- Users can get a visual notification how many articles they have not read yet
- (Site Administrators can see which users read what article and when)